Saying Goodbye to a Memorable Summer Season
The Duke Faculty Club wrapped up its Summer 2023 season with a bang on Labor Day with a "Tame the Tigers Tailgate" before the epic Duke Football upset win over the Clemson Tigers. Over 400 members and their guests enjoyed terrific live music, inflatables, grilled food, face painting and lawn games.
Here's a recap of a very fun and eventful summer at the DFC:
- Over 90 summer employees played a vital role as lifeguards, counselors, snack bar attendants, swim instructors, and swim team assistant coaches.
- Our 9-week summer camp program (KinderCamp, Summer Camp, Tennis Camp and LIT) welcomed over 130 participants each week.
- The Aqua Devils Swim Team had over 200 swimmers this season and finished the season with an impressive 4-1 record.
- Over 800 members and their guests enjoyed our July 4th festivities with fun lawn and pool games for all ages, great music, delicious food and the always popular Big Splash Contest.
- The DFC Concert Series brought rocking tunes to the patio from several exciting local bands: Durham Jazz, The Come Around Band, and Organ Failure.
- The DFC tennis community celebrated “Breakfast at Wimbledon” with fun social play, an adult clinic and “fun and games” for kids. Members dressed in all-white and enjoyed delicious strawberries and cream.
- A brief but powerful August storm with winds over 80mph knocked down huge trees at the club and damaged our pickleball fence. Our dedicated DFC staff, with generous help from several area clubs, got to work immediately cleaning up the grounds and making necessary repairs.
- The Club saw over 22,000 unique check-ins from June 1 to August 31 using the Court Reserve system first introduced last November.
Stay tuned for more fun club-wide events this Fall, including Fall Family Campout, Kids Night Out, OktoberFest, Pickle for Pink, Halloween event, Mini Camps and the annual Turkey Trot. Please be sure to check out the DFC Weekly Update for details.