The Duke Faculty Club is dedicated to protecting the health and safety of all of its patrons. In that spirit, the following rules apply to our fitness facilities:
Fitness Center Rules
- Children under 10 are not permitted to use the fitness facility.
- Children ages 10 -15 may only use the fitness facility, or attend a group fitness class, when accompanied by a parent or supervising adult. An adult is defined as someone 18 years or older.
- Rubber soled shoes that cover the entire foot must be worn at all times.
- For health and safety reasons, sandals, open toed shoes, spiked shoes, flip flops, and work boots are not permitted.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Appropriate fitness attire must be worn at all times.
- Food is not permitted in the fitness facility.
- Water or other non-alcoholic drinks in closed containers are allowed.
- For the health and safety of yourself and other patrons, please wipe down equipment before and after each use with spray bottles and towels provided by the facility.
- Cover all open wounds.
- Please be considerate of others in the fitness facility.
- Please limit work out time to 30 minutes if someone is waiting to use the same cardio machine.
- Please step outside the facility if you must have an extended cell phone conversation.
- If there are any problems with machines or equipment, please report them to the DFC office.
- Please do not use any equipment that has an "Out of Order sign".
- All personal training sessions follow our 24 hour cancellation policy.